This user agreement will be effective as to all kinds of users using the Paytz Wallet Services.
By Agreeing on the “Terms and Conditions” checkbox and successfully completing the registration process for a Merchant and User Account. The person hereby confirms that they are eligible and suitable to be what they are and that You have read, understood and agreed to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions of Service (T&Cs), which are subjection to no negotiation.
Kindly go through these terms carefully. It is important that you spend time reading the terms as they compose a legal agreement ("Agreement") between / (the "Website" or "Site") and
1. A User of a Paytz Wallet ("User" essentially via the Application);
2. A Merchant organization which allows its existing and new customers the option to make a purchase using their Paytz Wallet ("Merchant" essentially via the Web Panel); or
3. An internet surfer wherever applicable.
This user agreement is a contract between The Paytz Mobile Wallet and its Users, that governs the use of your wallet services. For any individual to register an account and use the designated services, you must be a resident of the United Republic of Tanzania or one of its regions, i.e. Zanzibar and at least be aged 18 years.
AGREEMENT FOR USE
1. We reserve the right to amend the Agreement (Terms and Conditions, Disclaimers, Privacy Policies, other Policies applicable or to particular Service or Services), prior notice by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. We highly advise all our Users to re-visit the site and check for the updated Terms and Conditions from time to time.
2. Users hereby recognise that they will be bound by this Agreement for availing any of the Services offered by us.
3. Users acknowledge that access to use of the Applications (Android iOS), Website and the Services will be solely at the discretion of Paytz.
4. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should stop using the Service (Application) and/or any other services provided by Paytz.
5. The Agreement is published in compliance of, and is governed by the provisions of Tanzanian Laws, including but not limited to:
i. The Payment Systems Licensing and Approval Regulations, 2015
ii. The Electronic Money Regulations, 2015
iii. The Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2007
APPROVAL OF TERMS
1. By registering, holding or using a Paytz account and/or any of its Services, Users agree to have read and understood all the Agreements and agree to be bound by them for the use of the Services compliance purposes. If you do not agree to be bound by (or cannot comply with) any of the Terms or Agreements, please leave the Application/Website immediately and stop using your Account and our Services. The information that you obtain or receive from Paytz, its Team, associates, sponsors, advertisers or otherwise on the Website is for informational and planning reasons only.
2. The info provided on the Application and Website is not expert advice and shall not be considered in that manner. The use of info delivered on the Application/Website is solely at all Users’ own risk.
3. Users can accept the Agreement (Terms) by:
Using the Application or Website; or
By basically using the Services. In this case, Users thoroughly understand and agree that Paytz will treat their use of the Services as acceptance of all Agreements from that point onwards.
4. For being a valid User, they must satisfy the following conditions: You are of legal age to form a binding contract with Paytz; or You are not a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Tanzania or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you access the Application/Website.
5. Users give full consent to Paytz to submit KYC information and documents as per the requirement of the Tanzanian Laws.
INFORMATION PRESENTATION/EDITORIAL CONTROL
1. We make the Website available as a part of our Service to Holders and Merchants. We may, but have no obligation to, have non-user-posted information reviewed by the Website’s editorial personnel.
2. It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the information is not ensured. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure Users that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
USE OF SERVICES AND INFORMATION
1. In order to access certain Services, Users will be required to provide personal information ‘’about yourself’’ (such as identification, contact, address, or payment details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of the continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to us will always be true, accurate, correct, complete and up to date. Any phone number used to register with the Website needs to be registered in your name and you might be asked to provide supporting documents to prove the same.
2. Information provided by Paytz or otherwise obtained from the Application/Website will not be used for any unauthorized and unlawful purpose;
3. Users hereby agree to not access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Paytz, unless they have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us;
4. Users hereby agree that they will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services);
5. Users hereby agree that they will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, transfer, license, rent, sell, trade or resell the information obtained from the Application/Website for any purpose whatsoever;
6. Users agree that they are solely responsible for (and that Paytz has no responsibility to them or to any third party for) any breach of their obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Paytz may suffer) of any such breach;
7. Users will not impersonate another person, including, without limitation, a Holder, a Merchant or any other associate for whatsoever reasons;
9. All personal and contact information provided by Users will be tried to keep confidential and secure by Paytz. This includes your personal information given in relation to your account creation and subsequent administration. Paytz may disclose any information or activity of a user to any regulatory authority or governing body at any time.
CONTENT YOU POST OR SUBMIT
1. On creation of an account on the Application or Website, you will have the opportunity to use numerous interactive channels through which you can communicate with our Team and share information (collectively "Posted Information"). It is important that you act responsibly when providing such Posted Information. Do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments. When participating in interactive aspects of the Service, please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response.
2. Kindly note:
i) Users are solely responsible for any Posted Information that they submit or transmit to our Team and/or other users of the Website;
ii) Users may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party;
iii) Users may not provide any Posted Information that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by Paytz; iv) Users may not provide any Posted Information that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity;
v) Users understand and agree that Paytz may (but is not obligated to) review and delete any Posted Information that in the sole judgment of Paytz violates these Terms or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other users of the Website and/or any other person;
vi) Users agree that you will only provide Posted Information that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information; and
vii) The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Application/Website. Paytz reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Website. You may not post content that:
- Involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Is false or intentionally misleading;
- Violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- Is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous; or
- Is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
3. Users agree, through the use of this Service, that they will not use the Application/Website to post any material which known to be unlawful, false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, libellous, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, racially offensive, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. Users agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by them or they have been given permission by the copyright owner to post such material and Users give due credit to the copyright owner by including the copyright information in your post.
4. Users agree and acknowledge that you will not submit unlawful, offensive, inaccurate, misleading, abusive, pornographic, harassing, libellous, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, paedophilic, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or ethically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inappropriate material.
5. Users also agree that they shall:
i) Not upload or share any information that impersonates another person, threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India;
ii) Obtain any consents, permission or licenses that may be legally required for them to submit any material;
iii) Respect the privacy of others;
iv) Not distribute or post spam, unreasonably large files, chain letters, pyramid schemes, viruses;
v) Not use any other technologies or initiate other activities that may harm the Service, or the interest or property of the Users; and
vi) Not use any automated systems or means to access, acquire, copy or monitor any part of the Service.
6. Users will notify Paytz via the ‘Contact Us’ facility upon coming across any objectionable content on the Application/Website and Paytz shall initiate best efforts to remove such objectionable content within four (4) working days from being duly notified.
YOUR USE OF INFORMATION
1. Except for Posted Information that Users shall submit, all of the information available on or through the Services and/or the Application and/or Website, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and shall be. Users acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain Paytz’s proprietary information. We give Users permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to third-parties by virtue of permitting the use of Services. Users may print, download, and store information from the Application/Website for their own convenience, but may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant anyone any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Services not expressly granted by us are retained by Paytz.
2. We take no guarantees, statements or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, expertise and quality of work or services or other information concerning the Team or any Personnel working for Paytz.
Users are solely and fully accountable for maintaining sufficient security and safety of all Login Credentials, i.e. Personal Identification Number (PIN), Passwords or any other codes that Users use to access their accounts and services. Users shall be responsible for keeping their mailing address and other contact information updated on their Account Profile from their Mobile Application via the Menu Tab option.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
1. As some information appearing to Paytz by third parties, Paytz will have no liability in respect of any loss or damage arising from third party information which appears on the Application and Website, including the manner in which the information is displayed or information which may be:
- Out of date;
- Impersonation by a person to be another person.
2. All dealings and communication arising from Paytz’s facilitation of interaction between a Merchant and User will be between the Merchant and User only and Paytz is not responsible in any manner for any communication between the User and the Merchant, and has no liability in respect of such dealings whatsoever.
3. Paytz is not an agent or representor for any of the Merchants, Bill Providers or Mobile Network Provides or any other Vendors listed or not listed on the Application and Website and Paytz has no responsibility for and no liability whatsoever in respect of the conduct of a Merchant or quality of service provided by a Merchant.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
1. The Services may include links to other websites. Some of these websites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for Users convenience only and the provision of these links does not mean that Paytz endorses these websites or the products and services they provide. Users acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other websites.
2. Users will note that the URL to every webpage on our Website begins with "https://". In other words, every webpage on our Website is hypertext transfer protocol secure ("HTTPS Enabled") or "identity verified".
3. We have had our entire Website HTTPS Enabled to better protect everyone security against dummy websites. Please verify that a webpage is HTTPS Enabled before providing any information on it. We will not be liable for any consequences of you providing details on any third-party website, including dummy websites.
1. The interface/Website is provided subject to all of the terms set forth in the Terms.
2. Paytz disclaims all warranties whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
i) That our Application and/or Website will always function without disruptions, delay or errors. A number of factors may impact the quality of the Services and use of the Application and/or Website may result in the failure of the Services including but not limited to: the local network, firewall, the internet service provider, the public internet, the public switched mobile network, private switched mobile networks and the power supply. We take no responsibility for any disruption, interruption or delay caused by any failure of or inadequacy in any of these items or any other items over which Paytz have no control;
ii) The ability to use the Service through the Application and/or Website;
iii) The satisfaction with the Service or the Application and/or Website;
iv) Security and privacy of User data;
v) That bugs or errors in the Service and/or Application/Website will be corrected;
vi) That our Services will be compatible with all internet providers services and broadband and we disclaim any express or implied warranties regarding the compatibility of our Service with any particular broadband service or modems;
vii) We make no expression or implied representations or warranties about our Services or the Application/Website and disclaim any implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use or non-infringement. We do not authorize anyone to make a warranty on our behalf and Users may not rely on any statement of warranty as a warranty by us; and
viii) That our Team who furnishes Services to Users in connection with this Agreement or the Service will be liable for any act or omission in relation to the Website.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
In addition to all Terms of this Agreement, Users shall not:
1. Use the third-party links to sites without agreeing to their website terms & conditions;
2. Post links to third party websites or use their logo, company name, etc. without their prior written permission; or
3. Use the Services for spamming and other illegal purposes.
TERMINATION OF SERVICES
1. Accounts may only be disabled and Services may be terminated upon the representation made by a particular User’s request. And Paytz may consider terminating the account based on the representation of the User, i.e. User cannot comply and adhere to the Terms of the Agreement set by Paytz.
2. Moreover, any of the following actions may result in termination of Services:
i) Impersonating another person or entity with the effect of misleading Users about the identity of the creator of content (including misleading account user names, voices and sounds used in broadcasts, and account profile information);
ii) Impersonating the Services or a Paytz Team member;
iii) Representing that content, posted or transmitted through the Services is created or endorsed by us;
iv) Providing or sending any content which may be harmful or detrimental to Paytz or its business associates, or which violates any restriction or policy established by Paytz or its business associates;
v) Submission of any content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
vi) Falsification or deletion of any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted;
vii) Putting on Paytz’s system any content that contains software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
viii) Manipulating Service identifiers and providers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted via the Services;
ix) Collecting or storing personal data about other users;
x) Interfering with or disrupting the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
xi) Using any robot, spider, website search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose; or
xii) Creating user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences.
Users may not use contact information provided by us or other users or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as spam. You may not allow others to use one’s account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate the membership or access to the Application/Website immediately and take other legal action if the fraudster or anyone using one’s credentials violates these provisions.
1. Certain Services on the Application and/or Website may have additional terms (such as policies, guidelines, and rules) that will further govern the use of that particular Service and supplement these Terms. When choosing to register for or access any such Services, you will be presented with any relevant additional terms and conditions at that time. By using those Services, you agree to comply with such additional guidelines and rules.
2. Unless otherwise indicated all offers validity, usage, eligibility, availability and or otherwise are subject to Terms and Conditions and may be available at select participating stores and or Merchants or Users only. Be certain to read the terms and conditions for each offer before use.
3. In relation to some Offers and or Promotions, certain release requirements or, where appropriate, withdrawal and or earning restrictions must be satisfied, in addition to the additional eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions that shall be presented prior any Promotion/Offers.
1. The Service and the Application/Website and its entire contents are provided on an 'as is' basis. Paytz and its officers, employees, associates and partners give or make no representation or warranty (either express or implied) as to the suitability of the Service or its contents for any purpose or the completeness, accuracy, reliability, security or availability of the Service or its contents; nor do they accept any responsibility arising in any way (including from negligence) for errors in, or omissions arising from them.
2. Paytz and its officers, employees, associates and partners are not liable for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability arising directly or indirectly from the use or non-use of the Service or the Application and Website, or your reliance upon the Service or the information contained upon the Website (whether arising from Paytz or any other third-party’s negligence or otherwise).
3. You and Paytz agree that any cause of action arising out of your use of the Service or Application/Website must be commenced within 12 (twelve) months after the cause of action accrues or you become aware of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, whichever is later. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
1. The sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with us is the suspension of your Paytz account. In no event shall our total cumulative liability to you for any and all claims relating to or arising out of your use of the Application and/or Website, regardless of the form of action, exceed TZS 1,000,000 /- (One Million Tanzanian Shillings only), shall only be granted upon successful satisfaction of our legal department depending on the legitimacy, genuineness and authenticity of your case.
2. In no event shall we be liable to you (or to any third party claiming under or through you) for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages arising from your use of, or inability to use, the Application and/or Website. These exclusions apply to any claims for lost profits, lost data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, any other commercial damages or losses, even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
3. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Paytz, and its Team and Associates harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, judgments, and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees resulting from or alleged to result from your use of the Services via the Application and/or Website.
4. You hereby indemnify and hold Paytz, and its Team harmless from any loss, costs, damages, expenses, and liability caused by your use of the Website, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of a third party by use of our Services including the Application and Website.
If any provision of these Terms is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable laws, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Except as otherwise described, all content availed by the use of this Application and/or Website their interface is made available only to facilitate the users. Paytz controls and operates its Services and makes no representation that the contents and Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Services from a location other than the location where the (Services) Application and Website are controlled and operated, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local and international laws.
These Terms shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania.
Any and all disputes relating to these Terms; Person shall email our legal department to inquire further, email@example.com
Terms and Conditions of Service for Users
By accepting on the "Terms and Conditions" and successfully completing the registration process, you are stating that you are Eligible to be a User of a Paytz Wallet and that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions of Service ("T&Cs").
We urge Users to read these T&Cs carefully so they are informed of agreements they are making with us by successfully completing the registration.
INTERPRETATIONS (To help You understand what we are trying to say).
1. Any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa, unless explicitly provided for otherwise; and any reference to the masculine includes a reference to the feminine and vice versa.
2. Headings and captions are used for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these T&Cs.
WALLET CREATION – Eligibility
1. You will not be considered "Eligible" to use Our Services unless you:
- - Reside in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- - Have attained at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- - Use Services to perform transactions in Tanzanian Shillings only and no other currency; and
- - Benefit of Services on a networked device which supports Services.;
2. You may avail of Services only if you are eligible. If you are not eligible, please immediately abandon any and all attempts to register.
3. We reserve the right to immediately terminate your wallet account if we have reason to believe that your account is being used by any person who is not eligible, or for any other reason.
4. We rely completely on your representation that you are eligible and will bear no liability if you or anyone who uses or accesses your account or Paytz Wallet is found to be ineligible.
WALLET MANAGING – Keep Your Account Safe
1. To open an Account; You must provide Us with the following "Registration Information":
- - Full name, Date of birth, Gender, Memorable Name
- - A valid and functional phone number registered in your name only ("Registered and Verified Phone Number via OTP Feature");
- - A four-digit passcode/ personal identification number (PIN)
2. To use the same Account for online purchases and third-party website check out; You must provide us with the following additional details:
- - Your valid mobile number ("Registered Mobile Number"); and,
- - Passcode (“Four Digit”);
- - PVV (“Payment Verification Value”)
3. Any additional information that Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Regulations may prescribe to be necessary to satisfy Know Your Customer norms ("KYC Norms"), or as We deem fit.
4. The Registration Information and any other details provided by you to us must be true to the best of your knowledge, information and belief. Any liability for false registration Information provided by you will be borne solely by you and not us.
5. Please do not share your Registration Information with any third parties as you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Registration Information and will be liable for all activities and transactions that occur through Your Account/ Paytz Wallet, whether initiated by you or any third party.
6. In order to protect the security of Your Account/ Paytz Wallet; We require you to
i) immediately inform us at through the Paytz “Contact Us” of these T&Cs, of any unauthorized use of Your Account and
ii) Ensure that You log out of Your Account at the end of every session from every browser or device.
7. In accordance with BOT Regulations to prevent money laundering and the funding of terrorism in Tanzania; We may suspend or terminate Your Account with immediate effect if we have reason to believe that the Registration Information or any other details provided by You is incorrect, or that the security of Your Account has been compromised in any way.
8. Please note that in order to comply with BOT Regulations, we do not allow You to open more than one Account in association with the phone number registered in Your name.
9. In the event that You have forgotten the Pin or Password to Your Account; You may click on “Forgot Pin/Password”? To request a new pin or password. Based on Our sole discretion and if We are satisfied that the identity of the applicant for a new password matches Your identity; We will enable and provide access for your credentials to be changed. You will be solely responsible for any transactions which occur through for any carelessness and negligence act caused by you.
10. We highly recommend all users to keep their accounts safe and secure, suggest you change your passcodes from time to time. Moreover, we also advise all Paytz Wallet users to set a screen lock security feature on their mobile device.
11. In the event that You are unable to access Your Account or Paytz Wallet for any reason other than forgetting Your passcode, please inform Us at the Paytz “Contact Us” and make a request for blocking Your Account. We will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions made through Your Account prior to You making a request for blocking.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Paytz Wallet Conditions
1. Once You have successfully created an Account after completing the registration process in accordance with these T&Cs; You can start availing of our Services through the Wallet Application available on Android and iOS.
2. The Features and Limits of Paytz Wallet are as follows:
|Currency of issue||Tanzanian Shillings Only.|
|Re-loading funds||Paytz Wallet is re-loadable, subject to the condition that maximum outstanding balance must not exceed TZS 5,000,000/- (Five Million Shillings Only) per day at any point.|
|Transferability||BOT Regulations prohibit transfers amount exceeding Tzs 3,000,000 per transaction per day|
|Transaction Limited, i.e. Pay at Stores, Online Websites, Mobile Recharge, Any other bills||BOT Regulations prohibit any transaction amount exceeding Tzs 3,000,000 per single transaction.|
|Reports, i.e. Transactions and Statements||Paytz will only store transaction history data of up to 4 months from the current date and the user will not be able to view previous transactions from their Account. However, The Admin will hold data of Users for up to 10 years.|
|Cash Withdrawals *Coming Soon; This feature shall work with ATM’s.||BOT Regulations prohibit Cash Withdrawals amount exceeding Tzs 3,000,000 per transaction per day. Other regulations involve verifying Photo Identity such as, National ID, Voters Registration Card, Employment ID, Social Security ID, etc.|
1. We do charge Our Users any fees for the use of Our Services and change the fees from time to time prior to any notice.
2. We reserve the right to start charging fees from Users for our Services in future at any point of time prior notice. The terms and conditions related to any such fees that We may impose on Users in the future will come into effect from the date on which such terms and conditions are clearly disclosed.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Terms and modes of payment
1. You may avail of only those modes of payment listed in our Application, Online checkout page which may be revised from time to time by us, to load your Paytz Wallet which include:
i) Deposit via NMB Channels, i.e. NMB Branch and Wakala
ii) Mobile Money, i.e. M-Pesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, Halo Pesa etc.
2. When You opt to load money into Your Paytz Wallet You will be required to provide certain "Details" for the purpose of making the desired transaction. If You provide such Payments Details, you agree that you do so voluntarily.
3. The Details You provide must be true and accurate to the best of Your knowledge, information and belief. We do not bear any liability for the consequences if you provide false or incorrect Payment Details.
4. You represent and warrant that the bank or mobile money account through which you attempt to load funds into Your Paytz Wallet has sufficient funds and you are permitted to propose such transaction. We bear no liability for loading transactions which are cancelled on account of insufficient funds or using someone else’s account to load money into your Paytz Wallet account.
5. You hereby authorize us to hold, receive and disburse funds in Your Paytz Wallet in accordance with any payment instructions we receive from you. Among other things; Your authorization permits us to debit or credit your Paytz Wallet account. Your authorization will remain in effect as long as You maintain an Account with Us. You may view the transaction history associated with Your Paytz Wallet at /Statements. If You wish to request a refund or chargeback on any past transaction which has occurred through Your Paytz Wallet, you may do so in accordance with the procedure outlined in these T&Cs.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Payments
1. When we receive payment instructions from your Paytz wallet to pay a Merchant (In-store or online), you authorise and order us to commit the payment to that Merchant. This authorization will remain in effect as long as you maintain an Account with Us.
2. In the event that You are not satisfied with the goods or services provided to You by a Merchant for any reason; We recommend that You report the matter to the Merchant in question. Please note that We are not responsible for the goods or services provided by Our Merchants and cannot be involved in any disputes between a Merchant and User regarding the same.
i) The User will not be granted any refund for any faulty purchases made as they’re required to check thoroughly the service/product that they are being offered by the merchant and only make payment upon their satisfaction.
ii) Paytz is only a reseller of mobile recharge, and other bill products/services and does not provide mobile operator services or Bill provider services. Therefore, Paytz is not a guarantor of such services.
iii) Whenever Users make payments to any merchants at stores or online, Paytz will not be responsible for any user entering incorrect amount or paying a wrong merchant. Paytz considers this act as “User Negligence”; Therefore, the user will solely be responsible for any losses incurred and cannot claim a dispute with us. Our advice is to settle it out with the Merchant in the best possible way.
iv) Whenever a User is recharging Mobile Airtime, Paytz will not be responsible for any user entering incorrect details while processing the transaction. Therefore, the user will solely be responsible for any losses incurred.
v) Whenever a User is purchasing bills services or any other services, Paytz will not be responsible for any user entering incorrect details while processing the transaction. Therefore, the user will solely be responsible for any losses incurred.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Wallet to Wallet
1. Service Available on
- Android App
- iOS App
- Mobile Web and Web browser
2. For Sending / Receiving of Funds on the Paytz Wallet:
- This ‘Send’ service is available for existing Paytz Wallet users ONLY.
- The Sender must have sufficient monies available to initiate a transfer.
- To avail this facility, a ‘Receiver’ must either have an existing Wallet Account on Paytz Wallet to receive the funds that were sent or download and register the Account to retrieve funds that were sent. Paytz will not be responsible to the ‘Sender User’ for any funds being transferred to a non
-Paytz Wallet mobile number.
3. Validity of Transfer: The Wallet to Wallet Transfer will automatically be received by the recipient instantaneously.
4. We rely solely on Your representation and will bear no liability in the event that funds are transferred to persons who are not Eligible Transferees.
5. If We have reason to believe that funds have been transferred to persons who are not Eligible Transferees by You. We reserve the right to terminate Your Account and the Account of the person to whom You transferred funds, with immediate effect. Moreover, Paytz does not guarantee the any losses of any kinds to neither party due to act of negligence.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Refunds
1. In the event that the User desires a refund on any amount that has been debited from their Paytz Wallet Account, they are requested to kindly visit the ‘Contact Us’ page from their Application or Website and clearly explaining the situation of the refund request in writing which shall be sent as an email to the Admin responsible at Paytz Company.
2. Every refund request made by a User is processed by Us, including those made by a Merchant.
3. Where we determine that a refund request is valid. We will make every reasonable effort to grant the refund request and return the requisite funds to the User’s Paytz Wallet Account. Moreover, Paytz holds the rights to deny all and any kinds of refunds requests and may ask Users to solve their issues directly with the Merchant/Vendor whenever Paytz fails to recognise and resolve the issue raised.
4. We will make every reasonable effort to respond to Your refund request at the earliest. Please note that We will not be responsible for delays, which may be caused by any third parties, such as Banks and Merchants, on whom We rely while processing Your refund request wherever applicable.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Service Charge
Paytz can at its will at any point introduce, amend, increase or reduce, Users to pay a small ‘Service Charge’ upon any transactions below a certain amount paid in-stores. Paytz shall only charge Users for that particular service and that cost shall get contributed towards the SMS payment confirmation services. The User is bound to such charges and cannot claim a dispute against such charges.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Suspicious Charge
1. If we have reason to believe that any payment instructions made on Your Account have been fraudulently made, we shall suspend and deny the User access to their Account in order to investigate and report the suspicious activity in accordance with Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Regulations and applicable laws of the country. Such suspension will continue in effect till the conclusion of the investigation.
2. Please note that we are reliant on a number of third parties such as banks and Merchants while conducting the investigation. However, we will make every reasonable effort to conclude the investigation at the earliest.
3. Upon conclusion of the investigation and based on its results, we may be required to terminate Your Account with immediate effect, in accordance with the clauses on these T&Cs.
WALLET LOADING AND USAGE - Links
1. Our "Official Website" is available at https://www.Paytz.co.tz. You will note that the URL to every webpage on Our Official Website begins with "https://". In other words, every webpage on Our Official Website is hypertext transfer protocol secure ("HTTPS Enabled") or "identity verified" in other words.
2. We have had our entire Official Website HTTPS Enabled to better protect your security against dummy websites. Please verify that a webpage is HTTPS enabled before providing any information to it. We will not be liable for any consequences of you providing details on any third-party website, including dummy websites.
3. We do not guarantee the security, functionality or accessibility of any third-party website, including in those cases where the link to a third-party website is available on our Official Website.
In the near future, when Paytz introduces the feature of withdrawing funds from a Paytz Wallet account for Users, Paytz will not be responsible for any user revealing the withdrawal code to any third party or any other act of negligence or other losses. Therefore, the User will solely be responsible for any losses incurred for whatsoever purposes.
WALLET SHUTTING AND EXPIRY – Termination of Account
1. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or suspend Services to you at any time without prior notice due to any changes in internal policy or due to BOT Regulations or other applicable laws.
2. You may request for termination of Services at any time by submitting a request on the Official Website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for termination of Service at the earliest depending on the genuineness of your case.
3. You will remain responsible for all transactions that occurred prior to termination of your Account.
4. Please note that We shall not return any balance existing in your Paytz Wallet on the date of termination of Service.
WALLET SHUTTING AND EXPIRY – Dormant Accounts and Auto Expiry
1. “Dormant” of your Paytz Wallet will occur under the following circumstances:
i) An account not in use for more than one hundred and fifty-one (151) days from the date on which it was not in use, meaning no transaction has been carried out.
ii) In case of Dormant Accounts, it is obligatory for Paytz to submit the Bank Balances in those accounts on a monthly basis. The BOT shall treat the abandoned property in accordance with the prevailing laws.
2. "Expiry" of Your Paytz Wallet will occur under the following circumstances:
i) Expiry of a period of 5 (five) years from the date on which you successfully carried out your last transaction/activity on your Paytz Wallet Account;
ii) Expiry of a period of 180 (one hundred and eighty) days between the date of successful registration of Your Account and the first use of Services; or
3. We will try to inform Users via their Registered E-mail ID/Registered Phone Number 30 (thirty) days prior to Expiry and Dormant Status of their Paytz Wallet.
4. Please note that on the date of Expiry, the User’s Account shall be terminated and any remaining balance in their Paytz Wallet will be forfeited.
MISCELLANEOUS – Disclaimers and Warning
1. Except for our limited role in processing payments that You authorize or initiate, we are not involved in any underlying transaction between You, any other User, Merchant, Bank, Paytz’s associates or other third parties. We are not a Bank and do not offer banking services.
2. We may use the services of one or more third parties to provide the Service and process your transactions.
3. We are not a selling agent in connection with any sale to you of goods or services by any person. We have no control over the quality, fitness, safety, reliability, legality, or any other aspect of any good or service that you may purchase using the Service or any third-party website that You may use to access the Service.
4. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including without limitation, any representation or warranty for accuracy, continuity, uninterrupted access, timeliness, sequence, quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement or completeness. Specifically, we disclaim any and all warranties including, but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness or completeness of information, and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable laws.
5. We do not warrant or makes any representations regarding the use or the results of the Service in terms of its compatibility, correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. You assume total responsibility and risk for Your access and use of the Service.
6. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at Your own discretion and risk and that You will be solely responsible for any damage to Your operating system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
7. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from Us or through or from the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these T&Cs.
8. Although We adopt security measures We consider appropriate for the offer of this Service; We do not assure or guarantee that no person will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorized access to the Service or any Accounts. We will not be liable if any unauthorized person hacks into or gains access to the Service or to Your Account and You will be liable and responsible for the same. Paytz considers this act out of its scope.
9. We will take every reasonable effort not to share any of the Personal Details, Registration Information or other information (collectively, "Personal Information") You provide Us, except as required under Bank of Tanzania (BOT) Regulations and other applicable laws, or to the limited extent necessary for us to implement any payment instructions We receive from You. We will bear no liability for the consequences in any event where Your Personal Information has been willingly or inadvertently shared by You with any third party.
MISCELLANEOUS – User conduct
Every User agrees to the following:
1. They will not "stalk" or otherwise harass another User;
2. They do not and will not infringe any third party's intellectual property,
3. Trade secret, other proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy;
4. They will not be defamatory, libellous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing in their communications with Paytz or other Users;
5. They will not be indecent, obscene in their communications with Us or other Users;
6. They will not be seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial, ethnic or religious hatred, discriminatory, menacing, tortuous, scandalous, inflammatory or blasphemous in their communication with Paytz or other Users;
7. They will not constitute and/or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
8. They will not spread material that is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer/ mobile viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data or any other code or files) or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally destroy, limit, interrupt, interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate the functionality of any system, data or personal information.
9. They will not create liability for Paytz or cause to lose (in whole or in part) goodwill or business; and
10. Their communication with Paytz or other Users will not be in the nature of political campaigning, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional and/ or commercial solicitation, chain letters, pyramid schemes, mass mailings and/or any form of "spam" or solicitation.
MISCELLANEOUS – Communication and Notices
1. By successfully registering for an Account, Users agree to receive communication from Us on their Registered Phone Number and Registered E-mail ID regarding Our Services. They agree that any communication so received by them from Paytz will not amount to spam, unsolicited communication or a violation of their registration on the National Do Not Call Registry.
2. Any notice or notification in relation to these T&Cs which Users wish to make to Paytz must be made in writing to:
Attn: Legal Department, Paytz
P.O. BOX 6121
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
MISCELLANEOUS – Indemnification
Users agree to indemnify, defend and hold Paytz and/or related parties harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, costs and expenses, including and without limitation legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to the use or misuse of Services or any violation of these T&Cs.
MISCELLANEOUS – Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
1. We may elect to resolve any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these T&Cs by binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Tanzanian Arbitration Laws applicable. Any such controversy or claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis and will not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
2. These T&Cs will be governed by the laws of Tanzania. Subject to the procedure for arbitration, You and Paytz agree and undertake that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these T&Cs will be adjudicated exclusively prior to any legal proceedings.
MISCELLANEOUS – Intellectual Property and Proprietary Rights
1. Users acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other applicable laws. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service or the resale of its services or the copying or reproduction of the Software to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties.
2. Users further acknowledge that they will not (nor will users allow any third party to) copy, modify, de-compile, translate, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble the Software or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Paytz for use in accessing the Service.
MISCELLANEOUS – No Waiver
1. Our failure, delay or omission to exercise or enforce any rights or provisions of these T&Cs will not constitute a waiver of such rights or provisions. A waiver on any one occasion will not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
2. Users agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the T&Cs must be filed to Paytz within thirty (30) days after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
MISCELLANEOUS – Revision of T&Cs
1. These T&Cs may be modified at any time and from time to time, discontinued temporarily or permanently ("Revised") by Us.
2. You can review the most current version of these T&Cs at any time from our Website.
3. Unless otherwise specified by Paytz, Revised T&Cs will take effect automatically and be binding on and from the day they are posted on the Official Website. By continuing to access or use Services, Users will be deemed to have agreed to accept and be bound by such Revised T&Cs. If you do not agree to the Revised T&Cs, Users should discontinue accessing or using Services immediately.
4. If Users avail of any cashback or bonuses offered by Paytz, certain terms and conditions specific to the cashback or bonus offer availed of by them will apply in addition to these T&Cs. We reserve the right to revise, amend or discontinue at our own will any cashback or bonus offers made by Paytz. Users agree and acknowledge that they will not be entitled to make any claim against Paytz in relation to a cashback or bonus offer.
MISCELLANEOUS – Revision of T&Cs
If Users are not satisfied with the quality of service(s) offered, please contact Our Customer Care at Paytz “Contact us” or refer to the grievance policy below, for which the procedure for escalation of complaints will be as follows:
Escalation Level - 1. Write to Customer Support team: Paytz Customer Care
Response Time: Seven (7) Working Days.
Escalation Level - 2. Write to Assistant Nodal Officer:
Assistant Nodal Officer
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
P.O BOX 6121
Response Time: Twenty One (21) Working Days.
Escalation Level - 3. Write to Nodal Officer:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
P.O BOX 6121
Response Time: Twenty-One (21) Business Days.
MISCELLANEOUS – Severability
If any part of these T&Cs is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable laws then the invalid or unenforceable provisions will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these T&Cs will continue in effect.